Episode 26: Drywall, Barrier-Free Entries, and Prep for Exterior Painting
Justin explains why he objects so vehemently to the idea of putting a flat-screen TV above a fireplace.
In this episode, host and managing editor Justin Fink talks with editor in chief Rob Yagid and design editor Brian Pontolilo about drywall, preparing residences for people with limited mobility, prepping clapboard and shingle siding for painting, and why putting a TV above a fireplace is gross. The show is driven by our listeners, so please subscribe and rate us on iTunes or Google Play, and if you have any questions you would like us to dig into for a future show, shoot an email our way: email@example.com. Also, be sure to follow Justin Fink, Rob Yagid, and Fine Homebuilding on Instagram, and like the magazine on Facebook.
The Fine Homebuilding Podcast embodies Fine Homebuilding magazine’s commitment to the preservation of craftsmanship and the advancement of home performance in residential construction. The show is an informal but vigorous conversation about the techniques and principles that allow listeners to master their design and building challenges.
DRYWALL, ADHESIVE, AND INSULATION
- Modern Drywall Hanging with Drywall Nation
- Ask the Expert: Spray Foam Durability
- What’s the Difference: Glue? PVA, Polyurethane, or CA?
BARRIER-FREE ENTRIES AND DESIGNING HOMES FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
- Designing Accessible Entries
- Video Series: Tile a Barrier-Free Bathroom
- The Next Generation Bathroom – Building Barrier-Free Showers
MOUNTING FLAT-SCREEN TVS
STRIPPING AND PREPPING CLAPBOARD FOR PRIMING AND PAINTING
- Paintshaver Pro
- Proper Paint Preparation
- Repairing Damaged Siding Video Series: Wood Clapboard Repair
- Torture Test: Paint Strippers
- Removing Paint from Brick