Digital Exclusives for Issue 273
Videos, a slide show, articles, and more goodies to supplement your magazine experience.
Here are the digital exclusives related to Issue 273.
Fine Homebuilding is proud of its video series called Why I Build, as seen on page 22 of this issue. Please check it out!
There are three great videos to go with Ben Brunick’s Restore a Wood Window Sash article:
- How to Protect a Window Opening During Sash Restoration
- Use a Steam Box for Window Restoration
- How to Glaze a Wood Window
FHB’s own Rodney Diaz takes off his usual magazine designer hat to demonstrate his carpentry skills. His article in this issue, Flawless Wiped Finish, has a video companion that you can watch here: Secret to a Fast, Flawless Finish.
- Video 1: Electrical Retrofit – Working with Old Wires
- Video 2: Surface-Mount Electrical Box and Conduit Layout
- Video 3: How to Bend and Mount EMT Conduit
- Video 4: EMT Conduit – Run Wires and Install Devices
On the Web
If you are looking for the other links related to our “On the Web” page (page 10 in the issue), you can find them here:
- Videos related to the Nielsen/Crash Course in Conduit article
- Tool Tech: Rigid Cordless Router
- Podcast Episode 88: Air-seal that attic
- Through the Lens: A Remarkable Modern House in the Maine Forest
- Through the Lens: Beautiful and Abandoned Farmhouse in North Dakota
- Why I Build: Share Your Story
2018 K&B Call for Entries
It’s a year away, but we’re already scouting for the next issue of Kitchens & Baths. We’re interested in new or recently remodeled projects of every style from all over the country. And we’re not looking only for big, luxuriant kitchens and baths; well-designed projects built on a tight budget are dear to our hearts. But big or small, expensive or thrifty, they must be highly functional and beautifully crafted.
Send us floor plans, before and after photos, and a brief description explaining which aspects of your project might be interesting to our readers. We prefer online submissions at FineHomebuilding.com/kitchen-bath-submissions. We are also happy to receive email submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or to review CDs or hard copies of your materials, which you can send to Kitchens & Baths, Fine Homebuilding, 63 S. Main St., P.O. Box 5506, Newtown, CT 06470-5506.
For more great content from FineHomebuilding.com, here are two more online resources for you to enjoy: