Explosive Furnace Installationcomments (11) October 18th, 2010 in Project Gallery
This is a home that was recently renovated that I was performing a home inspection on for a client. The contractor was on site and decided to turn the gas on at the meter while I was upstairs starting my inspection. He then came upstairs to try to test the gas he had turned on by lighting the gas stove. I then smelled gas in the living room and told him to shut it off! Then I went down to the furnace and the picture is what I found.
Gas had completely filled the duct system by the time he shut off the gas. Had I not stopped him I assume he would have lit the stove and caused the house to explode!
Design or Plan used: Not specified
posted in: Project Gallery, restorations
Built on a bench and finished with stock moldings, these panels don’t lose any points for style read more
Show us the the worst work you've seen
Help us learn from other people's mistakes
Sometime people need to see consequences of the wrong way to do something before they understand why it's so important to get it right. Help us enlighten the half-hearted tradespeople out there by posting pictures of shoddy craftsmanship, structural failures, or any other building blunders you've come across in your home-building or remodeling experiences.
Enter your project