How to Remove an Old Bathroom Sinkcomments (3) August 15th, 2012
Video Length: 5:13
Plumber Mike Lombardi is removing the last remaining fixture in our Fine Homebulding Project House bathroom remodel: the sink.
Mike demonstrates all of the steps to disconnect and remove the old sink, including:
- Shutting off the sink water-supply valves (or main water supply, if necessary)
- Removing hot and cold water lines using a basin wrench and a crescent wrench
- Disconnecting the drain trap
- Removing the actual sink from its wall bracket
- Removing the old drain nipple that enters the wall
Watch the video above to learn a few good plumbing tips and see an intersting fix that the original plumber used to level the old sink.
posted in: remodeling, plumbing
Painter Jim Lacey shares some tips for caulking and painting fiber-cement siding. read more