Fine Homebuilding's Project House: Where Best Practices are Put to the Test
Recent Articles & Videos
Justin Fink visits Palermo, Maine, to help a veteran
designer and woodworker build classic bookcases on site
Justin Fink visits Palermo, Maine, to help a veteran designer and woodworker build classic bookcases on site
Among the details incorporated are sturdy outfeed support, compatibility with jigs, hold-downs, drawers, a power strip, and stops.
Project House Photo Gallery
Project House Blog
We caught up with VELUX at the 2015 International Builders' Show to learn more about their line of roof windows. Roof windows have been popular in Europe for decades, but are just now entering the...
We stopped by DRIcore's booth at the 2015 International Builders' Show to learn more about their Smartwall system for finishing basement. Their product is the all-in-one, quick-to-install wall panel.
Justin Fink travels to Wellesley, Mass., to watch a production crew frame and skin a house using Zip System sheathing and compatible seam tape.
Builder Gary Striegler shows off his favorite new secret-door hinges. The hardware can support a full-size bookcase, and it can be set for inswing or outswing to work with any project you can dream up.
This detail from Green Building Advisor was the basis of our front wall design..
This is a 2D image of a sketchup model we used to mock up the front window in the Project House garage shop.
- Jobsite Bench in Mike Maines built in video
- Advice on lifting a house
- where does the housewrap go????
- Repairing rot on porch beams for Arts and Crafts historic preservation
- is Gypcrete under a tub sufficient and what about the toilet flange?
- cement block warehouse home conversion
- Footing Depth and Permit Issues on Short Sale Home
- temorary attachment of wood strips to concrete block