Fine Homebuilding's Project House: Where Best Practices are Put to the Test
Recent Articles & Videos
Justin Fink visits Palermo, Maine, to help a veteran
designer and woodworker build classic bookcases on site
Justin Fink visits Palermo, Maine, to help a veteran designer and woodworker build classic bookcases on site
Among the details incorporated are sturdy outfeed support, compatibility with jigs, hold-downs, drawers, a power strip, and stops.
Project House Photo Gallery
Project House Blog
We follow a framing crew to learn the fundamentals of installing roof sheathing
We caught up with VELUX at the 2015 International Builders' Show to learn more about their line of roof windows. Roof windows have been popular in Europe for decades, but are just now entering the...
We stopped by DRIcore's booth at the 2015 International Builders' Show to learn more about their Smartwall system for finishing basement. Their product is the all-in-one, quick-to-install wall panel.
Justin Fink travels to Wellesley, Mass., to watch a production crew frame and skin a house using Zip System sheathing and compatible seam tape.
This detail from Green Building Advisor was the basis of our front wall design..
This is a 2D image of a sketchup model we used to mock up the front window in the Project House garage shop.
- pouring concrete around original footing
- Calking Baseboard Before Installing Quarter Round
- Decorative Trim Over stucco?
- Dimmable Pendant Light Won't Dim
- Jobsite Bench in Mike Maines built in video
- Advice on lifting a house
- where does the housewrap go????
- Repairing rot on porch beams for Arts and Crafts historic preservation