Install a Stair Rail Series: Stair Balustrade Installation, Part 2
Learn how to connect the top rail to the newel post and balusters
Establishing the height of the railing is a key component of successfully installing a balustrade. We already know that the previous carpenter was not up to the task, which is a shame because it’s just not that hard.
In this episode, Chris will show us an easy way to establish the length of the balusters for the appropriate balustrade height, and how to connect the top rail to the newel as well as the balusters.
Videos in this members-only series:
- Series Introduction
- Newel-Post Installation and Tune Up
- Installing a Guardrail and Baluster Assembly
- Stair Balustrade Installation, Part 1
- Stair Balustrade Installation, Part 2
- Retrofitting a Skirt Board