Wiring Video Tips
These five videos from the Fine Homebuilding archives can help you to save time and to work safely on your next electrical project.
- How to Work Efficiently in an Electrical Box: Once nonmetallic sheathed cables are pulled into a box and stripped, it’s time to organize the hot, neutral, and ground wires. This is a free preview to a members-only video series on wiring a garage workshop.
- How to Run Nonmetallic Sheathed Electrical Cable: Use these tips on your next electrical rough-in project to keep your Romex-style cable from getting all kinked.
- Mount an Electrical Box in a Tight Spot: With limited space to swing a hammer, there are still ways to install the box securely.
- Snake Wires Through Old Walls: Use a piece of lathe to break the plaster keys and create a channel for you to pull your wire.
- Long Electrical Runs in Closed Walls: Long drill bits can eliminate plaster tearout when rewiring old construction.