DIY concrete slab for garden shed
I’ve just purchased a prefab cedar garden shed (8×12) and I’m looking for some advice on the foundation. I would like to install a floating concrete slab and I have a few questions.
1. What is the best way to prepare the site? IE how deep should I excavate and how much and what type of gravel for the base. I’m having some gravel delivered for some interlock and was wondering if this type of gravel would be ok. Its a mixture of coarse sand and small stones.
2. How deep/thick should the pad be? I was planning on using 2x8s for the forms.
3. Does the pad need re-bar?
4. How difficult is it to finish the cement? Is this a DIY or should I hire someone. I’m pretty handy and I have a hand trowel.
5. Anything else I need to consider?
Thanks in advance, Patrick
- A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.View Image