Victorian Porch Restoration Work – Near King of Prussia, PA
I have an old Pennsylvania stone farmhouse 1763/1800. A 1910 Victorian porch is in some disrepair and needs restoration. Here are items I know of, other problems may be apparent on closer inspection:
1. Some masonry brick piers need repair.
2. In some spots the porch roof it not tight against the house stone wall.
3. A few roof sheathing planks are rotted and need to be replaced.
4. Some cornices need restoration/replacement
5. Restore or replace newel posts and balusters – available – need to be prepped and installed.
6. Restore or replace lattice – lath is available – ready to build as lattice.
Once restored, a new roof will be installed.