Enhanced floor vacuuming
While vacuuming floor between sandings during a recent renovation, I noticed the vacuum was leaving a lot of dust/sanding debris on the floor, even on the bare floor setting. Recalling an idea from my car racing/younger days, I made a ground effects kit out of duct tape to enhance efficiency. I placed one piece of duct tape on all sides of the vacuum, facing outward. Then another piece, facing inward (sticky sides mashed together) for rigidity. Ta-da! Vacuum floor height settings work much better now, set to high for coarse/initial sanding and bare for fine/final sandings. Much better cleaning with a cheap, easy upgrade.
First layer of tape facing out
Second layer facing in, sticky sides together, for rigidity