2020 Ticket Sales Open March 2
Fine Homebuilding’s 2nd Annual Building Summit
On Oct. 7-8, 2020, Fine Homebuilding–along with Green Building Advisor and Keep Craft Alive–will bring together building-industry experts, influencers, and select manufacturers to share their knowledge and insights through an intense, collaborative learning experience. This event will features twelve experts from various fields, each presenting on topics within their area of expertise, all in service of the same agenda—building better homes.
|• Peter Yost: Building science expert
• Michael Maines: Designer/Builder
• Jordan Goldman: Mechanicals/HVAC expert
• Mike Guertin: Builder/Remodeler
• Ben Bogie: Builder/Remodeler
• Dan Kolbert: Builder
• Marianne Cusato: Architectural designer
• Sonia Barrantes: Mechanical engineering consultant
• Jake Staub: Mechanical engineering consultant
• Chris Magwood: Sustainable-building educator
• Kohta Ueno: Building scientist
• Gary Klein: Sustainability consultant
In addition to ample time for networking, the 2+ day event centers around two types of sessions:
Insight Sessions: This is the main forum for the exchange of ideas at the Summit. It is the coming together of experts from various facets of the industry to present on a topic within their area of expertise. Speakers have 15 minutes to present their topic to the audience. Some presentations are controversial. Some challenge what we think we know about how homes work and how they should be built. All are thought provoking.
Breakout Sessions: This is the in-depth portion of the Summit. Attendees have their choice of 3 to 4 seminars for each 90 minute block of Breakout Sessions. Each industry expert will present a focused study of a specific topic—some with slideshows, other with props, and even some live clinics. Examples include:
|• Does Advanced Framing Make Sense?
• Rethinking Hot Water
• A Case for Double Stud Walls
• The Final Word on Vapor Barriers
Find slideshows, videos, articles, and more from the 2019 FHB SUMMIT