Last Chance to Submit 2020 HOUSES Awards Entries
There are lots of beautiful homes in the gallery so far. Don't miss your opportunity to be considered for next year's awards.
We’ve been receiving a lot of great entries for the 2020 HOUSES Awards…but the submission period ends soon. We’re excited to see more houses showcasing craftsmanship, energy efficiency, and smart design. From a restoration in New York to a creekside property in Montana, from a net-zero home in Washington to a cottage in Rhode Island, beautiful entries have come in from all over North America.
Our basic criteria for evaluating all HOUSES Awards submissions includes:
- Appropriate siting and orientation
- Success of floor plans at meeting homeowner’s needs
- The building envelope design and construction techniques
- Balance of budget, cost, and value
- Practical and innovative use of materials and finishes
- Energy-efficiency, durability, and maintenance
- Style-appropriate details and quality of craftsmanship
- Relationship of home, landscape, and outdoor spaces
Do you have a house to show off? Time is running out and want to hear about your project.
How to submit your entry:
Our preferred method of entry is to POST YOUR PROJECT description along with photos to our online gallery. All projects posted to the gallery will be considered not only for the six award categories but also for our Readers’ Choice Award, chosen each year by readers in an online vote.
You’ll need to log in if you are a member of FineHomebuilding.com or register if you are not, which is quick and free.