I am looking to upgrade to a new estimate program for my company and wondered if there was a simpler estimate/bid tracking program available to me and if anyone out there with similar business size had any luck.
I am the only employee 95% of the time. About 80% of my work is for a company here locally that manages group homes, the other 20% is small home remods like baths, painting,windows, doors not complete home remodels or additions. Most of my job requests with the management company are small for instance the last job I had to install two replacement window panes, a new bath fan in 1/2 bath, combustion air intake for furnace, vinyl floor trim in full bath, replace two door slabs and stain and caulk the kitchen countertops, its small but it is a full day to two day jobs on most of them. I currently use a program called E-Z Contractors software V1.1. I don’t have the ability to e-mail bids because the recipient cant open the files. I would like a smarter program with the ability to e-mail bids instead of having to print them and fax them its just a wasted step and when they are sending me fifteen of these jobs a week a time consuming one. I don’t need any accounting software included i have that already thru Microsoft Money. I would however like to have a program that saves customer information for quick retrieval and also allows me to track open estimates. I guess generally i want more user friendly and up to date software that wont cost muck more that 2-300$ I don’t build houses so I would like to stay away from programs that are geared towards that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have a good 4th!