Just starting a renovation project on a fire damaged house. I’ve searched some of the past threads about sealing and removing smoke and soot, and have gained some good insight.
1. BIN seems to be the weapon of choice to seal any smoke impregnated materials that will stay in the structure. Any other products out there that someone has had good results with?
2. Removing smoke stains from the brick veneer? Best product? Best method?
3. I need to demo about 1/3 of the roof structure. Any tips on cutting the roof deck with shingles attached? I don’t care about sacrificing a few blades, but have always had a tar ball mess when I tried this in the past.
4. On exterior walls where the XPS is melted. I plan on fitting 1/2″ polyiso in the stud bays, then blowing in oc foam. Other ideas?? I might add some let in bracing and strapping ( still planning)
5. On the roof assy. the plan is to spray BIN on everything. Then use foil faced polyiso in the rafter bays (with a 1/2″ air gap) then closed cell foam over the polyiso. Better ideas??