Installing kick out flashing – Roofing/Siding
Had a roof put on about 1-1.5years ago and through my learning I saw they did not install a proper kick out flashing. There is something there, but pretty minimal.
My plan is below – please let me know your thoughts.
1. Use flat bar to lift current shingles
2. Clean up old caulk
3. Remove current tiny kick out
4. Using oscillating tool to cut slit in siding to fit new kick out
5. Fit new kick out behind siding, above first step flashing and under 2nd step flashing nailing down under 2nd row
6. Use Flashmate to reseal shingles where necessary and around cut in siding
I’ve never done any siding work so please let me know where I would be going wrong. I do have the drywall down on the interior so I will be able to tell very quickly if water is coming into the home.