Last night some lights went out and we heard a small “pop.” I looked towards the sound and saw something burning, falling from below a wall outlet. It burned away completely before reaching the floor.
Everything worked fine after resetting the switch on the circuit breaker.
The burning thing presumably fell from the outlet and was created by the same event that activated the circuit breaker. It’s an unusual outlet: There are four openings, but only one of them takes a plug. The other three are switches that control overhead lights, one of which had been on at the time.
What could cause this?
P.S. “Spark” in is quotes because I’m not sure if a spark is something burning, or just a flash of light. Whatever I saw last night looked like fire (flared up then died) but was too small to leave any traces.