Replace siding now, or wait for drout
Hello. I sure hope you can help mw with this one. I replaced the masonite siding on my house a few years ago with hardiplank, but messed up in trimming an upstairs window and it rotted. Water has ruined the whole side of the house. All of the osb is wet from the upstairs window down to the ground. I’d like to wait for a few weeks until the annual drout hits so I can do all the work with no rain. But I’m scared the wet osb will ruin the studs before then.
Please advise if it would be ok to wait a little before starting this. If not, I’ll have to figure out how to do it a little at a time, or cover the whole side of the house.