2018 Call For Entries
Is Your House An Award Winner?
Entries Deadline: July 14, 2017
How to Enter the 2018 HOUSES Awards
Our preferred method of entry is to POST YOUR PROJECT description along with photos to our online gallery. You'll need to log in if you are a member of FineHomebuilding.com or register if you are not, which is quick and free. All projects posted to the gallery will be considered not only for the six award categories but also for our Readers' Choice Award, chosen each year by readers in an online vote.
Or submit your project by downloading the entry form and filling out the requested information. Email the completed form as an attachment to email@example.com. Please also attach relevant floorplans and at least 5 photographs of your project. Photos should be submitted as lo-res JPGs. Please include the project title in the file name for each photograph.
Entries can also be mailed to our offices at HOUSES, Fine Homebuilding, 63 S. Main St., P.O. Box 5506, Newtown, CT 06470. Please include the completed submission form, floorplans and photographs in your package.
How We Evaluate Submissions
We’re always on the lookout for homes that showcase craftsmanship, energy efficiency, and smart design. From cozy cottages to urban lofts, from seaside getaways to starter homes on a budget, we want to hear about your project. This issue is not limited to new homes. We’re also eager to see remodels that breathe new life into tired old houses. Our basic criteria for evaluating all HOUSES submissions includes:
- Appropriate siting and orientation
- Success of floor plans at meeting homeowner’s needs
- The building envelope design and construction techniques
- Balance of budget, cost, and value
- Practical and innovative use of materials and finishes
- Energy-efficiency, durability, and maintenance
- Style-appropriate details and quality of craftsmanship
- Relationship of home, landscape, and outdoor spaces