Repair brick veneer and wall sheathing from inside?
Anyone ever repair brick veneer over Celotex and stud framed wall? From the inside?
Years of ice dams and moisture problems in the attic have destroyed the original Celotex sheathing and freeze/thaw has damaged the mortar joints in the brick veneer. Since the job is a high-side lot with front walk out basement, the eaves are essentially 3 stories up. I would like to repair from the inside if possible. Allowing me to use a plank on the shed roof to strike the joints from the outside while handling all the heavy work from the inside (No scaffolding)
1.Demo the drywall.
2.Remove the window.
3.Temp up the ceiling joists about a foot in.
4. Demo the exterior stud wall.
5. Demo the brick corner and top three courses.
6. Reinstall brick veneer from the inside while striking joints from the outside.
7. Cut sheathing to wall height and lay behind veneer.
8. Build stud wall in front of sheathing.
9. Shimmy sheathing into position and fasten from inside? Huh!
10. Have a cold beer
Tyvek wrap or similar would be a bonus but now we’re really reaching!