Video Series: Install a Stair Rail
Constructing attractive, safe, and code-compliant staircase handrails takes careful planning, but is a task that anyone with basic carpentry skills and a well thought-out plan can tackle.
In this video series, finish carpenter Chris Whalen shows us how to fix this staircase’s major aesthetic and safety flaws, demonstrates what should have been done the first time, and shares a few nifty tricks for fixing some really bad blunders.
Videos in this members-only series:
- Series Introduction
- Newel-Post Installation and Tune Up
- Installing a Guardrail and Baluster Assembly
- Stair Balustrade Installation, Part 1
- Stair Balustrade Installation, Part 2
- Retrofitting a Skirt Board