Father’s Day Stories for 2017
Photos and stories about the man who sparked your passion for building.
At FineHomebuilding.com, we wanted to do something special this June. We’re publishing stories on our website and in a special-edition Father’s Day newsletter, from readers and our own staff and contributors, about the fathers (or other mentors) in their lives who have influenced their passion for home building and construction.
These are stories about people who sparked a passion for building and about experiences and projects that were executed with a teacher who offered deep encouragement. These are personal stories. Inspirational stories. We want to get the word out to our communities as a way to showcase the generational ties that run deep through home building.
Here are seven stories that we publishing for the first time this year in our special edition Father’s Day newsletter.
- Rheingold on Father’s Day
- Expression Through Furniture
- A Handy Dad Fosters a Love of Building
- Father’s Day Tribute
- Practical Life Lessons
- Memories of My Father
- A Legacy of Passion
Here are even more new stories that we did not have room for in the newsletter.
- A Love of Carpentry Starts One Summer With Dad
- My Dad’s Strong Hands
- A Dad’s Gift
- Working for the Greatest
And please enjoy these links to Father’s Day stories and photos we have published in the past.
- 16 cute photos with a Father’s Day theme that readers sent us in 2011
- “You’re Too Smart to Become a Carpenter” — A Story of a True Mentor
- A Carpenter’s View: Generations
- Golden State Garden Gatemakers: A Father and Son Team, Keeping Craft Alive