Digital Exclusives for Issue 269
Videos, links, and extras for the September 2017 issue of Fine Homebuilding magazine.
There’s a lot online related to Issue 269. First, here are two Web exclusives related to James Shull’s cover story on mastering balusters.
Enhancing FHB contributor Michael Maines’s amazing article on the farmhouse style, here is a Web post full of different farmhouses from our archives.
Andrew Young’s article on built-ins cried out for more detail and more photos than we could fit in the magazine. Here’s a Web extra on carrying the V-groove from a built-in’s side panel through to its face frame.
There’s also a video paired with Andy Engel’s Building Skills piece on Weaving Sidewall Shingle Corners.
- Video: Weaving Shingle Corners
If you saw the Web content we highlighted on page 6 and wanted to know where to find it online, well, here you go!
Product editor Patrick McCombe is breathing new life into our Tool Tech blog with weekly videos.
- Fine Homebuilding’s Tool Tech
- Video: Load a Foam Gun the Right Way
- Video: Are More-Expensive Foam Guns Better?
Here are five more featured Web posts:
- The Britches Method — Outside Skirt Returns: Try this trade secret when building stairs.
- Podcast: How to Spend $2,500 on Tools
- Victorian Vision: A case study of the Queen Anne style
- Cleaner Mindset: Why a cleaner jobsite is a better jobsite
- Makeup Air for the Range Hood: A range hood won’t work well in a tight house without make-up air.