Digital Exclusives for Issue 272
Videos, slide shows, PDF downloads, and more goodies to supplement your magazine experience.
Here are the digital exclusives related to Issue 272.
First off, Fine Homebuilding is launching a video series called Why I Build, as announced in this issue. Please check it out!
Jon Riley’s cover story on Dense Pack Cellulose Insulation Done Right mentioned an interesting table. Here’s that manufacturer’s coverage chart as a PDF document, used to calculate how many bags it takes to achieve the correct density.
Matt Millham put together a detailed article on PEX plumbing systems for this issue. Check out his article here, and also watch our video series on how to connect PEX components:
- Mastered in a Minute: Connect PEX With Crimp Fittings and Crimp Rings
- Mastered in a Minute: Connect PEX With Crimp Fittings and Stainless-Steel Clamps
- Mastered in a Minute: Connect PEX With ASTM F1960 Expansion Fittings and ProPEX Rings
- Mastered in a Minute: Connect PEX With ASTM F2080 Expansion Fittings and Compression Sleeves
- Mastered in a Minute: Connect PEX With Viega PEX Press Fittings
- Mastered in a Minute: Connect PEX With Push Fittings
- Tool Tech: A Rundown of PEX Connection Fitting Systems
On the Web
If you are looking for the other links related to our “On the Web” page (page 10 in the issue), you can find them here:
- Podcast Episode 77 is a great interview with celebrity carpenter Mike Pekovich, from our sister puplication, Fine Woodworking.
- Here’s the ProHOME showcase house insulation video.
- Our resident Tool Tech expert reviews a remarkable circular saw blade.
- And here’s a must-read piece on Kevin Ireton, a name that will be familiar to old school FHB fans.
- Check out the amazing detail work in this Boston home renovation.
2018 K&B Call for Entries
It’s a year away, but we’re already scouting for the next issue of Kitchens & Baths. We’re interested in new or recently remodeled projects of every style from all over the country. And we’re not looking only for big, luxuriant kitchens and baths; well-designed projects built on a tight budget are dear to our hearts. But big or small, expensive or thrifty, they must be highly functional and beautifully crafted.
Send us floor plans, before and after photos, and a brief description explaining which aspects of your project might be interesting to our readers. We prefer online submissions at FineHomebuilding.com/kitchen-bath-submissions. We are also happy to receive email submissions at email@example.com or to review CDs or hard copies of your materials, which you can send to Kitchens & Baths, Fine Homebuilding, 63 S. Main St., P.O. Box 5506, Newtown, CT 06470-5506.
For more great content from FineHomebuilding.com, here are two more online resources for you to enjoy: