Father’s Day Stories for Contractors and Craftsmen
Photos and stories about the man who sparked your passion for building.
Here is a collection of memories about people who sparked a passion in others, a passion for building and craft. These are personal accounts about experiences and projects that were executed with a teacher who offered deep encouragement … some are memories of birth dads, some are about other kinds of dads. These are personal stories. Inspirational stories. We want to get the word out to our communities as a way to showcase the generational ties that run deep through home building.
Here are eleven inspirational stories, originally published in 2017.
- Rheingold on Father’s Day
- Expression Through Furniture
- A Handy Dad Fosters a Love of Building
- Father’s Day Tribute
- Practical Life Lessons
- Memories of My Father
- A Legacy of Passion
- A Love of Carpentry Starts One Summer With Dad
- My Dad’s Strong Hands
- A Dad’s Gift
- Working for the Greatest
And please also enjoy these links to Father’s Day stories and photos we found deeper in the Fine Homebuilding Vault.
- 16 cute photos with a Father’s Day theme that readers sent us in 2011
- “You’re Too Smart to Become a Carpenter” — A Story of a True Mentor
- A Carpenter’s View: Generations
- Golden State Garden Gatemakers: A Father and Son Team, Keeping Craft Alive
This photo was submitted to Fine Homebuilding by user mdhaworth in 2011.